Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day Ten...most treasured Item

Lord have mercy! i honestly had to think all day on that one, i even had to ask my sister. I put it in a way to make her understand saying " if the house was on fire and i could only take one thing with me what would i take" her saying your clothes was of no help whatsoever. Funny thing was while worrying myself silly over all this i freaked myself out when i thought my favorite necklace got lost and wasn't around my neck. Oh silly me, i was wearing my favoritest ( yes it's a word, i just made it up) and most treasured item this whole time.


My friend gave me this necklace as an Eid gift once upon a year ( last year) and honestly, if i don't have it around my neck i freak out. Maybe it's the fact that i can trace Allah's name on it with my hands that puts me at ease. That whenever i hold it, it reminds me of the fact that God is always near and that i could be as silent as could be yet still making Dua ( a prayer) within. Who knows really, we function in weird ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment