Friday, October 15, 2010

To the people who won't and don't care to understand other people

Being born into a religion isn't a leap of faith. Mind you i don't think it's much faith at all. Don't get me wrong, i consider myself lucky to be born a Muslim but that's my big ego talking. It's not something that i had a hand in, just like my race, color and gender. On the other hand, searching within your religion and other religions is a leap of faith. Doing so objectively is pure craziness, but such a mind opening one. I know we're living in a time where nothing is considered purely black or white, where everything is relative. yet people are still acting with the mindset of, " I can't help them, they're going to hell anyways." People use religion to justify their actions when it's purely their close-mindedness speaking.  then they turn around and call everyone else close-minded for not being accommodating of their religious beliefs. I'm in no way pointing fingers at anyone or religion in particular. Most religions are guilty of doing this. so can we, as they say, take a leap of faith and start seeing the relativism with which other people live their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment