Friday, September 24, 2010

On marriage, age and acting my shoe size

Bonjour, ca va?

End of French.

so here i am, nothing too interesting really. Just school, catching up with friends that i haven't seen all summer and not to mention congratulating all the friends that got either married or engaged. It's crazy, I"m used to having friends and thinking of ourselves as kids, teens but now It's the stage where my friends are getting married, my circle of people! It's really hard to explain and I'm not sure how i feel about it. I don't think i like it too much. It's not that I'm not happy for them, contrarily I'm ecstatic, but now it's different, we're not kids anymore. We're adults. Adults. I don't like the taste of that word in my mouth. It comes with obligations, responsibilities, loss of innocence, lack of fun. It forces me to change my mindset from the kid i still think i am at times to a person who has commitments. Am i being too dark here? Maybe it's because I'd rather act my shoe size and not my age.

despite all that, here's to all the beautiful and strong ladies in my life, may it be a marriage full of bliss and many adventures <3

No comments:

Post a Comment