Monday, September 3, 2012

Checking in from Riyadh



Hello!

I'm in the middle of the sun! Or so it feels like it. I don't know how Saudi's did it before the AC, specially in all this black women must wear. So life took an unexpected twist of events, but first i shall update.

Egypt was great, sure i was somewhat culture-shocked after 7 years of not visiting but overall it was a great trip alhmdllah. I acted the role of a tourist and visited all the fancy shananagins. I visited the pyramids for the first time, rode horses in the desert and got ripped off doing so. I sat at Elfishawy, prayed in Al-Azhar and AL-Hussien, went to Tahrir Square and the Egyptian Museum, watched bats in Al-Azhar park and I wish I could have done more and met some of the amazingly awesome bloggers I got to know,  except time wasn't so permitting especially with Ramadan
 Halfway through we decided well what if we can do Umra. We didn't expect to make it till after Eid, but couple days before Eid we found ourselves on a plane heading to the  "Land of all Holys" -Makkah. and thus me finally ending up in Riyadh visiting my uncle.

If I stop being the lazy bum I am, I'll do several posts regarding my stay in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. As for now I'm gonna enjoy what's left of my break. By that I mean im gonna drink me some tea and watch some National Geographic. Cheers!





































1 comment: